Sep 18, 2012

Pork and Vegs

I should prephase this by saying that I have no dietary restrictions.
I used to dislike certain items, like mushrooms, but I've found ways to make them incredibly delicious, and will undoubtedly share my experience here.
But retournons à nos moutons, or, more specifically, pork.

This is a pork steak, prepared on a bed of, and covered by, slices of onions on either a pan or in an oven. As usual (for me), very few spices, probably "steak seasoning" or "roasted red pepper"(I don't use much salt except for what comes with the spice).

Separately, a bunch of sautéed veggies - eggplant, zucchini, sweet peppers, maybe celery, cauliflower, broccoli; can even add potatoes; and can also add mushrooms.

It doesn't look so good, but it's delicious. Actually, looking at it, I may have cheated and thrown on some smoky BBQ sauce as well.

Pork can be replaced with a heavy dry fish like salmon. By the way, different types of salmon taste different. I believe steelhead is the oiliest (of the ones we can get here), and sockeye is the driest. I would therefore use the sockeye with the vegs because they provide a lot of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment